Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner - SOLD

RM12 (SOLD!)
Genre: Fiction, Chick-lit
Condition: Good & Wrapped


I bought this book because the cover, more than anything caught my attention first! I am a booklover who tends to go against the caution to not judge a book by its cover! To me, I find it quite hard to read a book with a horrible-looking cover! I mean, as a designer/publisher, how hard is it to make sure your book cover's really captivating right? Anyway, I digress...Haha...

This book, unlike its cover, is slightly serious, as in not like a pure chick-lit, but is able to cover more real issues in life like sister rivalry, reflecting on one's weaknesses and failures, etc. My good friend who read it, as well, said it was a good book, with an interesting story line. I guess, if you saw the movie (which came out a few years after the book), you might want to get the book. However, I saw the movie and the book was much better. The book, is often better, in my opinion.

So if you like chick-lit, but can't stand the shallowness of typical girly gossip and nonsense, and at the same time, if you don't like intense fiction, this book is a good in-between.

No comments: